Saturday, July 2, 2022

More Finds!

Amazing what you find when trying to de-stash a bit!!  One of my finds was a pretty large pile of strips sewn together.  They ended up being about 42 x almost 100 in a couple of cases.  Most of these strip sets were in this blue/purple combination.  I know I did these many years ago and of course thought I had used them all up in quilts I had made but it didn't happen!  I know I have made at least 3 or 4 quilts from these strip sets and at least 2 of them were  queen sized!  I took one of these strip sets and cut it into 10 1/2 inch squares which I then cut along both diagonals and sewed back together.  It might be a little random even for me!!  I decided I needed sashing to kind of pull it together and decided yellow or gold would be good.


This was my first attempt, using the yellow to define a "square" and then the gold as real sashing between squares.  I didn't like it at all!!


I decided that this was much more in keeping with the rest of the quilt.  It will be narrower than shown here as it is not sewn together yet.  I will see if cornerstones will add anything this afternoon!


Next time I do this (and I have a lot of fabric that I can cut up), I think I will make a light colored side and a dark colored side.  I have a very large piece that is made up of mostly fabrics with a lot of white in them.  I will also probably cut it into 4 1/2 wide strips and make one of my "go to" baby quilt patterns with on point four patches alternating with the strips.  


 

No comments: