Saturday, February 25, 2023

Fun With a New Charity Quilt!

I finally finished basting the other two charity quilts I was working on and to do so, I had to finally clean up my work table!  

I sorted through all the 5 in squares into colors and types and found a huge plastic bag with a ton of half square triangles that I had cut some time ago and forgotten about.  I remembered a pattern I had seen on Pinterest using black and white half square triangles and decided "what the heck".  This was my first iteration on the design wall.




This was the second iteration and I liked it better.  I added white triangles around the outside but then I decided...


Just before I left for the afternoon, I decided I would like something other than the white in the finishing triangles so found some green.  It was going to be green on the sides and white on top and bottom with white on the corners (like on the right side here) but then...


I finally sewed everything together but those corners.  I decided that I would prefer a two color corner and now I am happier.  Still haven't sewn them on or trimmed around the outside.  I will probably make the binding green.

I have enough prepared fabrics to make four more of these quilts with varying coors in the half square triangles.  I put them together in little "kits".  The remaining 5 inch squares from this packet (and it was just one of the packets I put together) will be donated!  I really get sick of fabric when I have used it in  multiple quilts!  More to follow!


I realized I forgot to put a picture of the quilt I did with all the flying geese that I made!  I found another variation of this block  online which I may attempt at some point also.  There are 100 flying geese here!




 

No comments: