Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finally Functioning and New Year's Resolution!

Transitions are just a pain! After our wonderful month in Florida, we had to unpack and attempt to organize some of the chaos we left behind in Rochester in November! Trying to get ready to leave left my sewing room unworkable and returning home has left my bedroom a cluttered mess with laundry etc!

Lisa has been left off at the airport (5:30 this morning) and things are beginning to reach some semblance of normalcy again. My marbling stuff is calling to me as I made that trip past the table to get to the freezer again. Of course the table was also a mess but it is now ready yet again minimally!

It's time for those pesky New Year's resolutions and I usually put a bit of thought into them as I have been very successful the past few years at making some small changes (always having the dishes done by bedtime, always having my clothes on first thing in the morning and committing myself to finishing traditional quilt projects and not starting more). This year it will be to clear out at least one box a month of "stuff" to go to Good Will, quilt friends or trash. Hopefully, by the end of the year I will be ahead and some of the clutter will be gone!!

My computer is now fully functional again thanks to those nice folks at the Geek Squad who made it all better (and I didn't even have to spend anything). I also have managed to "rip" a lot of my cds to MP3 files and now have several hours of music on my MP3 player (a new Christmas present). Now, I ask you, how would anyone over 30 know that converting audio files to MP3 files is called "ripping" and that you use the Microsoft Media Player to do it. Each Christmas I seem to have some sort of new technology challenge which I generally overthink!!

Would you believe I actually wrote a fan letter to Google because I was able to use Gmail to get at my files and send them to myself so that I didn't lose anything with the Vista ick. I found I could also click on the attachments in my Gmail notes and use Word and Excel as well while in Gmail! Now, why can't Microsoft be more like that?

No comments: