Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Snowy World.....

Welcome to my dreary, snowy world in Upstate NY in January!! Makes you just want to curl in a ball and stay inside under a blanket.

Ah, this is more like it!! These next two are pictures left over from my month in Florida. The first is the everpresent skink that runs for cover anytime you go on the pavement. You see dozens of these scurrying anytime you are walking.


This was a particularly daring great egret who decided to take a full-fledged bath in the swimming pool until I chased him out as I wanted to swim!
Today was our January meeting of the Genesee Valley Quilt Club and, despite the lousy weather, we had quite a showing of people although most of our "southerners" (south of the thruway) were missing! The snow was pretty nasty this morning -- I managed to plow the car into a snowbank less than two blocks from the house but did no damage (only going 5 mph after all).
This was a top that Nancy Levant finished using the patterns we had at Fall Migration this year. When I finally get around to it, I plan on using this pattern as well with a whole bunch of black and white prints I have accumulated.

Ever creative Nancy used the leftovers from the previous project to create these two small quilt tops.

This was a very nice two sided quilt which featured lots of fussy cut fabrics.


This was a huge very lovely Burgoyne Surrounded variation done by one of the club members. I was in the back of the room taking pictures as best I could and didn't get all the names.

This was an exceptionally lovely paper-pieced star quilt.I just loved the colors!

This was Pat Jeanmarie doing a demo of improvising on the block from a book by Sandi Cummings. She covered a lot in the 12 minutes she had to present. We had a total of 8 different presentations, and there was time for all of us to go to 5 different ones. As usual, they were all well done and contained lots and lots of hints for making your quilting more fun and better!! Janet Root never fails to teach us something new, no matter how long we have quilted!!

No comments: