Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Perfect October Saturday

What a perfect day out best exemplified by this sunny daisy! First thing I had a breakfast reunion with some delightful ladies I worked with on a volunteer project a couple of years ago! They actually asked me to bring my recent quilts so they could see what I was up to -- how could I refuse!

From there I headed off to my friend Marcia's where, along with Priscilla we caught up on months of art, health and general gossip as well as actually working on projects!


Marcia is continuing work on this beautiful jacket with her consultant in the background examining the back.


This is the aforementioned back with beautiful hand dyed fabric gifted to Marcia from a friend.

Priscilla is in the throes of developing a design out of these two exquisite pieces of Elin Noble dyed fabric. I can't even begin to imagine how Elin gets these effects. Last time I said something to her , she said it involved many, many steps. They are incredible and uniquely Elin's.


While at the beach, my busy work was making these hexagon blocks out of one piece of fabric. It involves lots of precision cutting and easy piecing. I actually did three of these at the beach this time besides making more of the market totes that I love! Now to just sew this together, put on some nice borders and send it off for quilting! This was from a nice flowered print I bought years ago.

This was the second of the three sets of hexagon blocks. I am not particularly pleased with the arrangement but don't want to put much more thinking into it.

Last but not least is our less photographed kitty Cheney. I couldn't resist his bunny rabbit sleeping position on Warren's lap. He has turned into the softest cuddliest lap cat who insists you stroke his tummy. Note that he is not an all black cat!

No comments: