Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trying Something New

It was a lovely fall day and several of us gathered at Marcia's to work on various and sundry projects. This is the initial draft of the lions which will be my next big pictoral quilt. Usually I take the drawings at this stage to Staples to get them blown way up. This one would have required splitting into four and blowing each individual section up 350 percent. Hmmm. As I wanted two copies, this would have been relatively expensive. So, I found some software free online that supposedly allows you to print a picture on as many pages as you want so I will try this first before doing the old "tried and true". So I took a picture of my drawing as the first step and converted it to black and white to emphasize the lines. I will play with it some more in Photoshop to get the white to be really white as it will print out as grey if I don't.

I LOVED this scrap quilt that Jeanne Simpson is working on! It looks like a perfect way to use many of my marbled fabrics. It is a very simple block. Jeanne has wonderful color sense. I don't think this picture does it justice!

This is a quilt top that Priscilla has been working on for some time and it is just about done here and wonderful!! It started with a lot of the green in the sashing areas and it was just too much. I think she really has it beautifully finished with the addition of all the blues and periwinkles she has added. These are all batiks she has bought on her extensive travels.


1 comment:

Judy Warner said...

I will be interested to know how the printing from your computer turns out Beth. I often take things to Staples. I know I used to print brochure drafts on my computer and tape them together. Haven't ever tried it for a pattern.
Judy