Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sun is Shining, Butterflies in the Air...

The rain had just stopped here the other night when I looked out and saw this as well as the remnants of another rainbow! Only water at the end of this rainbow though.


This was looking back off the porch to the neighbor's backyard. Needless to say, the town had to come back and pump out again. It came within a couple of feet of our house!
There were some great reflections of the beautiful sky in my neighbor's front lawn. Looked a little like an Impressionist painting.


These were the skies with just a hint of the setting sun. You can see the woods from our porch which are about two blocks behind the house.



Another sky view looking from the porch.
It is beautiful and sunny again with cooler temps and it will be hard to go back to Rochester after a mostly beautiful month down here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love these pics so much,they are so beautiful!!

Katie said...

HAHAHA - I am doubling over in laughter at this phrase: "There were some great reflections of the beautiful sky in my neighbor's front lawn." Bless their hearts - but good for you for seeing the beauty in everything - reminds me of myself at times - you're definatley a glass-half-full person!! Thanks again for the amazing photos! That rainbow is awesome too!

Beth Brandkamp said...

My favorite photographs and almost my personal signature is finding beauty in nature in unexpected places. I am particularly fond of dead trees!