Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Genesee Valley Quilt Club 75th Anniversary Celebration Quilt Show

I only took a few photos today as my job tomorrow is (with a helper) to take pictures of all the quilts in the show!! I may have to add space to Picasa to get them all up online! Today I guided the hanging of the art quilts and we have to neaten them up tomorrow.

This first picture is a look down a row of the wall quilts. My quilt is the second in and is called If the Amish Met the Kuna Indians as it was inspired by a mola I purchased from Priscilla.


This is one of the drapes of one of the special exhibits. There were no labels on the exhibit or the quilts so not sure what they were but they were beautiful.




This is a quilt by one of the show organizers, Lisa Feor called Simon's Graduation quilt.


This is Judy Heath's Bali Star quilt.


I really liked this one but didn't get the name in my shot -- will tomorrow!


Well, the quilt show will be starting on Friday with a fashion show at noon with our own Priscilla Kibbee, our Project Iron Quilter on Saturday and then the Auction on Sunday with Carol Ritter. I can't believe how many of the quilts I had not seen before -- our ladies have been busy and with the special exhibits, there is close to 1000 quilts which probably puts it in the category of one of the largest shows in the country I would guess.




No comments: