Thursday, June 16, 2011

Turquoise Jacket is Almost Done

Well, as the turquoise jacket below was almost done, I brought along a two yard piece of fabric I had bought from Jeanne Beck a few years ago. I decided it would make a nice light weight bog coat. I still have to make the band that goes on the front and I will self face the bottom so it stays a nice length. I made it nice and roomy as it is a silk/cotton blend.



This is the almost final version of the turquoise jacket -- only a year after it was started. I still have some shiny purple cording to put on as well as a few purple buttons for the front. I actually managed to find a piece of bright turquoise silk in my stash for lining -- I thought I was going to have to dye something to match.

I am thinking of doing some dyeing soon as it has been soooo long since I have done any serious dyeing. So stay tuned!

The quilting is progressing, albeit slowly, on the lions. There is just so much bias with all the seams that I am getting the inevitable puffiness which I address by quilting the heck out of it! I have been doing mostly straight line quilting with the male lion but think I will try some fancier stitches in the body of the cub and then go back to the straight stitching following the curves for the female.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Beth, your jacket is gorgeous. You have such a great eye for design.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the colors! My favorites!