Monday, June 20, 2011

A Little Progress.....

Well, this bog coat is almost done. I added a small band on the front and wish I had made it a little wider now although I like the comfort of the smaller band. I self faced the sleeves and the bottom and it is nice a comfy for summer. The fabric is a mix of silk and cotton done by Jeanne Beck.

Well, I have begun the quilting on the lions (even further along now than this picture shows) but am doing a lot of quilting so it is going to take some time fo finish and then it will have to be blocked significantly I am afraid! If you double click, you can see the beginning (maybe!) I am now working on the lion cub and doing some more textural quilting.


Jeanne S was here today and was working on this piece. This was just one of the many iterations. I do love her work!











This is almost the end of the second leaf piece Priscilla has been working on. She did change it from how it appears here to add a little red into some of the background areas.

3 comments:

Siobhan said...

Wow! your lion is amazing. How did you get it so perfect? I love it :)

Kiron Manuel said...

I like this hard work

Maggie R said...

Hello Beth
I have spent way too much time visiting your blog. It is fabulous. I admire your love of nature and your quilting is so inspirational. I love the quilt called Down the Coast #4 by Noel Keith.
Do you know where I could obtain this pattern. I googled it but no luck.
I must follow you as it has been such a treat to see what you are doing.
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie