Sunday, August 23, 2020

Finishing a Top or Two for a Change

Auditioning the green to surround the hexagons.



After looking at some of my previous quilts using this set, decided to surround the center hexagons with white instead of the green.



Finished the center of the top.  Had forgotten how I filled in the sides but remembered a template I had and realized it was for the half hexagons at the sides!  So that is what fills in the rows of three hexagons.





Top is all finished now with more green, a 1 inch white border and a 3 inch lavender border.  The quilt ends up about 44 x 65 which is a decent size.  I have enough to make a second quilt from the blocks although will have to use different background and borders.



This is the next one in process.  I will use a 1 inch border around the 4 patches and white corners on the kaleidoscopes and the set will be on the diagonal.  I have enough to make at least two quilts, maybe three!  


 

No comments: