Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Stack and Whack Queen or So They Say...

Well I finished the mixed kaleidoscope block and posie block top and am quite pleased.  Still have enough left to make several more quilts this size or one bigger one with a smaller one.  Haven't decided yet what to do.


Finished the top with the Christmas fabric as well.  It is okay and thankfully I used up all the fabric!!  It is not as boring as I thought it would be so that is the good news!


This is the second and final quilt top not all the way put together made with the flower blocks.  The green is a little strong but the yellow instead of the white used in the other quilt tones it down a bit.


Trying borders here.  First is the green, then the yellow and haven't decided whether to use the lavender again or not.  I am going to search and see if I have any of the pink as I think that would be a better choice.



I had a two yard piece of this fabric which I liked but the repeat was only 8 inches.  However, I persevered and cut out pieces for  42 posies and I think 48 octagons.  The fun part is that I cut out two posies from the same stack of 8 and see how different I can make the 2 blocks.  Even I can't identify the pairs sometimes after they are done!! 


 Even though I haven't finished the flower quilt top, I just had to try out some of the posie blocks!  These were kind of boring ones I pulled out but think I am going to like a lot.  I was inspired to cut up this fabric by the green fabric in the flower quilt which was a perfect match for the green in this fabric.  I cut out 3 strips of 2 1/2 inches wide for the posies and 2 strips 3 3/4 inches wide for the octagons.  It was a close call and there was just fuzz left in the fabric where I had torn it!  The bottom two blocks are a pair made from the same four pieces.


I am getting around better all the time and have had two sessions of physical therapy now and I can finally see some progress although I continue to call them torture sessions!  I am religious about doing my exercises though and I have given up wearing any ankle brace.  By the end of the day I feel it though!


No comments: