Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Few Birds to Break up the Week!

Birds have been quite scarce down here this year, probably because of the great inlux of people due to the virus and the ability to work from anywhere.  This is one of the several Great Blue Herons fishing at Carolina Beach Lake last week.  They have let out a lot of the water so there have been a lot of egrets, ibis and herons.



Two of the many ibis.
One of several Kildeer feeding in the shallows.



It was very late afternoo but someone had spotted several Snow Geese down at the above lake, so I went to see for myself.  One of them graciously posed for me not too far away.  There were previously three blue morphs also but I haven't seen them and haven't seen the Snow Geese recently.  This was the first time I had seen one here.  He must have gotten lost among al the Canada Geese!



 

No comments: