Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Miscellaneous Projects for the New Year

I decided I wanted to try to make some more comfortable fitted masks and found a template and some elastic ties that were adjustable.  I had some marbled fabric that really wasn't good for much of anything.  With either the ties or the mask pattern came a little baggie full of nose pieces.  Took me a couple before I got into the rhythm but then they only took about 15 minutes each and I ended up making about 25.  Husband and daughter both requested some and I am sending a bunch to my far away daughter as well.  Below is a closeup of one of the masks.




 

I rediscovered a bunch of triangles and blocks for kaleidoscopic quilts for neonatal but I thought they worked better as bigger quilts which will also be donated.  This was the beginning of setting one up.


I discovered this knot block online and thought I would try it out.  After making the first few above, I decided to not make the predominant pieces so scrappy.  Doing it again I would probably use a brighter more striking color as part of the knot instead of the green.  The block is really simple.
This is the fabric for the next stack and whack  While organizing on New Year's Day, I discovered two bags of already made blocks from last summer's sewing.
Much like another quilt I did, I surrounded each 4 1/2 inch block with different colors as i thought it was a bit dull.  Most are my hand dyes with a couple of old sateens (the pinks) thrown in!

Here it is done.  It is about 42 x 60 so will make a nice charity quilt.


Used some more of the kaleidoscocpe triangles to make one of my favorite versions.  I did a large one of these last year which my daughter grabbed  up!  This ended up about 40 x 60 also.





No comments: