Friday, May 27, 2022

Last Day of Quilt Show Pictures (I Think)!

This absolutely incredible, stunning quilt called The Matriarchs was done by Jean McCready.  Reminded me so much of my lions!  It was a very large quilt.


This was done by Karen Sienk, who I believed I have taken a class with at some point in my past!

This was also a very large quilt done by Leann Hileman.

This beauty was also done by Leann Hileman.  Just WOW!!
Unfortunately I don't know who did this wonderful Pelican.  I have seen this pose by pelicans many many times at the beach!




Another one by Jean McCready!

Another one by Antonia Herring.
This was one of my entries into the quilt show -- Great Egret. 



This quilt and the next one were supposed to be in the show but I didn't know their measurements (they are quite large), so I didn't enter them this year.  Maybe next time although by then they will be hanging on my wall at the beach hopefully.

These were both made using the stack and whack technique with panels.

My sister gifted me the fabric to make this quilt and told me about using panels instead of straight repeats for stack and whacks.  I have since made several quilts  using this technique.


It will probably be a few days before i get back to some quilting as I am trying to gather "stuff" to sell at quilt club including a lot of hand dyes and books.  I have already gathered up a mountain of things to donate to Afghani refugee women here in Rochester and so have several empty plastic sets of drawers.  You can almost see my sewing room floor and sewing table again!  Next on the agenda is more pot holders for my youngest daughter!



 

No comments: