Monday, May 23, 2022

The Genesee Valley Quiltfest 2022 - the First of Several Posts with Pictures

This is the raffle quilt for this year with the proceeds going to Quilts of Valor.  I though t it was just stunning -- look at that machine quilting!!!!


I have made no attempt to put these into any kind of order as the show was not laid out in an obvious order.  This quilt was by Kim Werth.  I have included some closeups as the machine quilting was incredible!






This quilt is by Sharon Engel.  All I heard from people as they were heading down the aisles filled with more than 500 quilts was WOW!!  I heard it over and over again!




Unfortunately I couldn't get the name of the person who did this one.


This was done by Audrey Pantas.


This was done by Marilyn Springer.
This was done by Marilyn Springer also.


This quilt is by Judy Harbison. 

This is a closeup of the following quilt showing Chris Wickert's incredible quilting as well as her use of silks in her quilts.

Christ Wickert's quilt -- magnificent!!
This quilt was done by Mery McEvoy and looks like something i would like to try!

Loved the colors but again, didn't get the maker's name.
Also didn't get the maker's name on this one but just loved it!


This quilt is by Sharon Clark.  You can see the detail of the quilting above!

This quilt is by Antonia Hering.
This quilt is by Jackie DeRock.  Of course, I love the birds!

This quilt is by Sharon Sweetland.
This quilt is by Cheryl See.  Incredible!

This quilt is by Lynda MacDonald.  Oh My!!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, that’s my quilt! How flattering for you to show this quilt. It’s one of my favorites and it got a 2nd place. BTW, I enjoy your blog very much.
Sharon Engel
Greeley, CO