Thursday, August 2, 2007

Finally Getting Some Pieces Done!


Well, it may not look like much, but this first piece has been sliced and diced at least three times in the past 10 years and then placed back in its baggie. I have contemplated throwing it out a number of times over the years as I could never get anything out of it.

Well, this is the first positive thing I have experienced since the class!! I put it up and ten minutes later, I had it together. It may not be perfect or even too interesting, but it was interesting enough for me and now onto quilting at some point. Probably some straight line quilting. There was a lot of that at QBL this year.


The second picture is my first "series" in the class with Cynthia. She said it reminded her of the seasons but it reminded me more of the images of the many, many different kinds of canyons we saw. We were constantly amazed at the different colors, shapes, sharpness or softness of the rocks. I think we saw every color of the rainbow except blue! With mostly constant blue skies though, we were dazzled by the colors on our trips -- canyons, flowers, birds.

No comments: