Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting down to Quilting

Well, one guest has left and a new set arrives next Saturday for the Labor Day weekend. I am really looking forward to showing my sister and her husband around our area and am hoping that the wineries are open at that time as she has quite the wine collection.


But in the meantime, I have been madly quilting several of the pieces that I did at Quilting by the Lake. My only serious piece is the Yellowstone one and I have been spending a lot of time on carefully quilting the heck out of it! It's a bit wobbly but I am pleased so far..





I also quilted one of the smaller pieces to try some different fillin type patterns. I don't think I will even finish this one but may.



Then I finally did quilt the piece that took me eight years to finally put together after slicing and dicing any number of time!! I am very pleased with the quilting on this one and did finish it. I am hoping I will have two pieces for show and tell at GVQC for the September meeting.



Although the official notification hasn't arrived, Hoffman Challenge finally announced the winners and who made it into this year's traveling shows and my Ode to my 60's piece did make the cut! It is in the D traveling collection. I was pleased as it was a lot of work although not my favorite piece. I really liked the one I got in the first time around in 2004. This is a picture of that one. I still love looking at it although the workmanship is not as good as what I do now. Amazing how doing those little blocks improves your piecing skills.


1 comment:

Priscilla Kibbee said...

I really like the Hoffman quilt too.