Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Top is Finished!


Well, I got sewing today and finally finished the top I started as my "final project" at QBL. I am relatively pleased although I will certainly do things differently the next time! It is comprised of four separate pieces and getting that last 1/4 to fit and look right took a bit of time. I didn't want it to look like four pieces put together!! After I had completed the piece and evened it out, I put it up on the board and it just didn't look right. It just felt too wide so I folded under about 6 inches on the left hand side and am much happier with the final product now. I took much artistic license from the original photograph which I have also included.



Things I like -- the color and the overall composition.
Things I would do differently -- the structure from a sewing standpoint and smaller pieces in the background of the light grays. I might also do more piecing in the bottom of the piece but might not.

No comments: