Friday, March 12, 2010

March at Marcia's - One Block Wonder

This is the current iteration of the One Block Wonder quilt that I am working on. I started the day with a top half this size but it just didn't feel like enough so I made another set of blocks from the fabric (and got them all done). I am not quite sure if this is the final iteration or not so I have not sewn them together. They are addictive. I have probably made 25-30 of these kalaidoscope quilts and they are just like candy but I wanted to try this slightly different variation as I really liked a couple of quilts I saw using this technique and I also love hexagons (both my Hoffman challenge pieces employed hexagons).....

Marcia was working furiously on creating some smaller pieces to add to her second Almighty Dollar quilt top!


Here is the current state of this quilt. She doesn't know whether she will do one or both for the show.

This was how the quilt started the day -- yes, it is half the size of how it ended the day!

This was one of the in between iterations. For some reason I like it vertical rather than horizontal (that was how it was on the wall so the pictures are twisted 90 degrees!).




No comments: