Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Different Color Stack and Whacks -- One Oldie and One Newer

These blocks had been sitting around for some time and I think one of the reasons I never finished them is that they weren't cut very accurately so there was a lot of adjusting when sewing them together.  

I finished it today and got to use the fabric that made up the blocks in the border which was nice.  The first border is a very dark green.  This one is pretty good sized.

I had cut and sewed these blocks before I left the beach.  They are made from pretty small triangles (3 inches) so needed lots to make a top.  I also needed to orient them different like the top above which is different than what I had been doing.

This photo shows them sorted to the final arrangement -- darker blocks on the outside and lighter ones in the middle.

I decided to go with this light green mottled fabric for the main background with white stars in the middle.  I have only finished sewing the first row on the left.  Hopefully I will get the rest done in the next couple of days.  I already picked out the border fabric from my stash.  It is nice to have my whole stash here and be able to find about any color I want!!

This is the fabric that was  used to make these blocks.  The repeat was only about 12 inches so it only took two  yards to get these blocks.

These are some of the 102 blocks I did at the beach also.  Looks like I can get two or three quilt tops.  I really love these blocks but it is too much putting them all in one quilt.  I still have three or four more bags of cut up triangles and then I will give these a rest and work on the QBTS mystery quilt challenge as well as the kaleidoscope quilt I was looking forward to making this summer.

Of course cataract surgery is coming up and I am trying desperately to do some downsizing although I won't be able to lift anything after the surgery for some amount of time.  So we shall see what the next couple of weeks will bring!

No comments: