Sunday, June 17, 2018

More of the Same Only Different of Course!

Well, finished this last one.  The fabric in the border  is the one used to make the blocks which are octagons.  It is a very dark purple in the background.

This is the last top I finished before the first half of my cataract surgery.  It is Day 5 and I am still blurry when I wake up in the morning but better by the end of the day. Old age is not for sissies!!  Going to get some temp glasses next week but can finally do some sewing again.


I had some blocks left from the mushroom fabric.  I had already made two quilt tops from it but still had 27 blocks left so decided to do this configuration, a version of which I saw on Pinterest.  I like that the blocks stand out more and it is fast.  After making this one with 15 blocks, I still had 12 blocks left which I wanted to use.


Decided that I would put spacers between the blocks.  Quite  amount of math in all these quilts.  I am trying to keep the width to low 40 inches and the length to somewhere between 50 and 60 inches so I am always measuring the blocks which are all different sizes and calculating border widths or spacers.  I am also keeping a journal with the sizes of all these tops so I can maximize the use of the batting and backing fabrics.


This is the finished top which is the same size as the one above.  It is  only about 44 inches long and about 40 inches wide.


No comments: