Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Ho Hum -- Working on Tops 21 and 22

Finished the first of the strip setting stack and whacks and went on to number 2!  The separation into the dark edges vs. light edges was not as clear in this bunch and I had to find another green but had lots of the yellow.

Arranging and also trying out the new green.  It works.

Two strips done and testing out some fuchsia between the strips.  I always have to do something different!!

All the stack and whack strips are done.

All the intermediate strips have been cut and await the final stitching.

I took a day off to help hubby pick our sour cherries and then proceeded to pit the half peck we got and make a couple of pies and then froze the rest.  

Today I had  yet another appointment as a follow-up from my first cataract surgery and found out I have some scar tissue and so have a laser procedure next week but in the office and I will be able to drive. He says that will improve my vision which is better by far but not great yet.  My focus gets better as the day proceeds.  He tells me that my progress is usual (maybe because I had glaucoma surgery at the same time as the cataracts). After the laser procedure, I should be able to get some temporary glasses prior to my second surgery.

Finally finished!  I do like the fuchsia strips between the blocks and the green was a good choice I think.

As I liked how these turned out, I took the other half of the fabric and created  hexagons for an additional 48 blocks.  I may actually replicate this top with the new blocks as I do like it.

I finally found my little point and shoot camera after losing it about two years ago!!  It was right next to my chair  underneath something which tells you a bit about the pile next to my chair!!  Never occurred to me it would be there!!  It will be my sewing room camera from now on as it is more compact and easy to use.

No comments: