Friday, June 22, 2018

Still More but a Different Configuration

I had a large piece of the fabric I cut up for this but only stacked half of it as I wasn't sure how it would work up as there was a lot of very large shapes and a relatively small hexagon (4 1/4 inches).  Some blocks ended up pretty green and some had no green at all.  After they were all sewn together (but not before), I decided they were okay!

There were 48 blocks made from half the fabric.  I decided to use a set that used 24 blocks.  Because of the wide variation in the blocks, I divided them into those that were light on the outside and those that were dark on the outside figuring I would do a configuration that involved more than one background!

I loved this fabric.  The repeat was 24 1/2 inches.

Wanted to see how it looked.  I really liked it!  I really thought when I had the hexagons cut that this wasn't going to work.



I decided on dark green for the lighter ones and yellow for the darker ones.  At first I thought green on the inside and yellow on the outside.

This is the alternate configuration with  yellow in the middle.  I am going to add 4 inch strips to the bottom and top of each strip.  I haven't yet decided on the width of the strips between the blocks or whether I will add some more strips.  I want it to end up between 40 and 45 inches wide.I have enough for a second top and of course I will do different colors in the background.  I get bored too easily to make two tops alike!  The challenge is to find new settings that will use up all the blocks and end up with quilts of a reasonable size.




No comments: