Monday, June 4, 2018

The End of the Hawaiian Stack and Whacks

This is the finished first Hawaiian stack and whack.


This is number 2 which still has the same configuration as the first one.  I tried to have the primarily green blocks on the outside with the reddish blocks inside on both of these.


This is number three and I will put a fuchsia binding on this one.  There are five of the bright reds in the middle here and this is the 3/4/3/4/3 configuration.


These were the remaining blocks which were much busier with  lot more red in them.  I did spend time trying to get pleasing arrangements.


Found this bag of 3 1/4 inch triangle hexagons that I put away some time ago.  There were 33 done and I did the remaining 12 today.  I will use this 6/7 arrangement and there will be no blocks left over (a goal!).  I will turn the quilt however so that the sides will be the top and bottom.


I decided to do red stars in the middle surrounding some blocks that didn't have red on the sides.  I was fairly successful.  Off-white will fill in the rest.  As the top is almost square, I will add a healthy amount extra of the off white on the top and bottom of the turned shape.  


I have sewed the across blocks on three rows and hopefully will get the remaining four rows done tomorrow as well as sewing them all together.  Then to add the borders.  Haven't quite decided on those yet.  I have a bit of yardage of the fabric that made the blocks so it may play in the border.  It will be my pretty consistent 40 to 44 inches wide and 50-55 inches tall.

I found another bag with 102 blocks done!!  Oh my, I thought I had gotten all my partially done projects done last summer.  Still have two more of the mushroom quilts to do as well -- I have a pretty efficient way of doing them now!!  

With my first cataract surgery scheduled for next week, I want to get as much done as possible as I don't know what my vision will be like in the interim between getting both eyes done (second one not scheduled yet).  I am looking forward to getting my vision back!!

No comments: