Thursday, October 2, 2008

October RAFA Meeting!

This is Donna showing her new doll that she made -- it was charming! She also had a very large pile of hand dyed fabrics -- I think we have a convert!!

Well, it took me away from my marbling but that was okay as it was most enjoyable! We are going to be doing another exhibit at the Rochester Area Council for the Arts in January where I will show the pelican piece. We turned in our pieces for the Old Forge show as well which is coming up very soon. We had lots of show and tell especially exhibiting what people did in the Cynthia Corbin class many took in September while I was at the Ruth McDowell workshop.


I did get to show off my pelican and my marbled fabrics which a few people were interested in! Some even went through the whole pile of 50 pieces!!


In the meantime, I am awaiting the weather improving so I can hang out some more fabric to dry after applying the alum.


This is Marcia happily showing her piece that she started in the Cynthia Corbin (CC) class.
This is a new member, Margaret Reek, who is showing a very interesting landscape with lots of texture. It happens to be of St. Mary's lake at Glacier. It was very cloudy the day I saw that particular view with the island!


This is Sarah showing what she did with some of her marbled fabric! She loves the marbling too so we chatted a lot!
This is Val's piece from the CC class.

This is Barb's piece from the Rosalie Dace class earlier this year.


This is Barb's CC piece.

This is one of Charmaine's CC pieces -- very cool.
These next two are Charmaine's as a result of the Rosalie Dace class. They are two of four to be developed.


No comments: