Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back to the Beach!!

Well, I am back in Kure Beach and even drizzly, it is lovely. I managed a long walk down the beach at low tide yesterday and even managed to snap a few photos! The rest of my time I am spending putting together furniture so that we will look more like a real residence! Internet is more than a bit sketchy right now which hopefully will get fixed tomorrow, at least in part!

This is looking down the beach toward the famous fishing pier which was pretty empty. The water temp is only 52, so the fish have moved elsewhere I guess!

This is a Great Black Backed Gull which was huge especially when standing next to the willets which I always thought were pretty good sized!


This is one of the common willets, many of which I saw in Florida and there were quite a few on the beach here today. I also spotted some seaside sparrows which were pretty with their bright yellow accents!

No comments: