Thursday, March 5, 2009

March RAFA Meeting

Well, NONE of these are my snow dyes (and I wish they were!). These following pieces were all done by another member of our RAFA group, Anne Fischer and I think they are just wonderful. She is a relatively new dyer and has really caught the bug!! I am glad I was able to contribute to that!! Always nice to take someone else over to the "dark" side (or should I say pastel side).







This is the artist of the above pieces modelling her new sweater that she made from an old ill-fitting sweater! You will note the big pile of dyed fabrics sitting next to her!






This was a new quilter to the group, Elaine Ross, and a piece she did for a challenge. There are supposedly 30 leaves in this piece!

This is Sarah's latest piece which was begun in a class with Judy Warren Blaydon.

This is Marcia's latest piece which she was confident was going to hang vertically until we all decided it should be horizontal! I think she is going to put on two sleeves.


This was a day for jackets and Liz had a new one as well as Janet Root and Marcia below. They were all really nice!! Janet is modelling hers and Marcia's is the one made from the silk stripes, the fabric probably from Thailand or Viet Nam (Priscilla?).





No comments: