Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Visit to Holden Beach NC


It was a lovely day for a drive and an old high school friend John invited me down to visit in Holden Beach which is about 15 miles from here as the crow flies but you have to cross water via ferry to get there so it takes about an hour and a half. We had an absolutely lovely day and caught up on life in general. We lived kind of parallel lives as he and his lovely wife Marilyn have two daughters just about the same age as my two daughters with similar personalities and drives. It has been a long time since I have spent any time with anyone from high school (after all our next reunion is the 50th). When I had originally shared some emails with John, I remembered him very well from high school as he was one of the nice guys. It wasn't clear to me until this visit why I remembered him so well. We were in a special advanced group of kids put together in junior high school so we were probably closer to this group than any other and remembered many of the same people.
The picture above is one I "stole" from John's Facebook posting. His wife Marilyn took it of us with the ocean in the background at their lovely home.
The day was topped off with a lovely video phone call where I got to see my new grandchild in action!! She is beautiful! Technology is just wonderful!Can't wait to get out to Seattle in a few weeks now!

No comments: