Monday, March 2, 2009

Just One Last Snow Dye and Then No More (Probably)!

We simply didn't get any of the snow that many East Coasters got -- not even a flurry! So no more snow dyeing for this winter probably as I am only home for a couple of weeks and then on the road again.


I did these before I left for NYC and really liked them (hope the camera does them justice). I used navy and an orange made up of a little mixing red and sun yellow -- I was thinking I might get some browns or grays. This is the back of the tshirt. Now this is a great improvement on the $4 tshirt from KMart!



This is the front of the same tshirt. I really like the front a lot. There is a lot of rose -- no orange or navy blue though!




These three pieces are all fat half yards which were part of the 2 yard piece that shared the dye mix with the tshirt. IF we do get some more snow before I leave for NC, I will definitely do a bunch more tshirts!
These turned out to be some of my favorite pieces using this technique. My dyes are about two weeks old now and there is definitely more washout of unbound dye but I am still getting lots of nice color for sure!! Now to wait patiently for some snow!













2 comments:

Vicki W said...

They turned out great!

Judi said...

LOVE your tshirts and your fabric came out great as well.