Thursday, March 12, 2009

GVQC March Meeting - Esterita Austin

Priscilla (on the right) had a sale table today at club and had discounts for our poor economy! Marcia was helping her calculate the discounts and collect the money. She had all sorts of wonderful things (of course) and I had to get another scarf and a couple of necklaces (in case I didn't have enough). I was wearing my jacket with much of her merchandise on it so I was a good ad!


This is a reproduction of the center of our club raffle quilt which we just heard was accepted at Paducah for their show this year. The pattern will be offered as a class at our quilt show in the first week in June. There will also be kits available to purchase.

This was the first quilt of our show and tell and a lovely scrappy quilt which was pretty simple to make.

This was a spectacular interpretation of a commercial pattern done by our very prolific and talented Chris Wickert.

I just loved this log cabin. The little bit of red just sets off the green in the centers. I do like black and whites!

This was a quilt showing a pile of rocks that Esterita showed as one of her more recent efforts.

These next two photos show a before and after. In the first one, the before is on the right side and the after on the left. She achieves this coloration by painting directly onto the fabric after the piece is constructed.



On this piece the before is on the left and the after on the right.

My next posts will be from the beach!!

No comments: