Wednesday, June 10, 2009

After the Party is Over...

Well, back to posting some random things in my blog if George lets me. He is a mite possessive of his owners and requires their undivided attention. Like many of his step brothers and sisters, he likes to be in the center of the action, wherever that might be. Yesterday, I had to reboot the computer, he did so many strange things to it. At one time he managed to put about ten layers of gadgets on my machine as well -- all of the same calendar... But he purrs so loudly, it's hard to disturb him!!



Our clematis is beautiful this year. We have put in a couple of more colors which hopefully will start blooming next year. These are probably 15 years old and are covered with flowers!









I had to take this closeup of the clematis after the rain. I love the centers and as they age, they become like little furry stems with no flower anymore.



Joe's roses are starting to bloom now as well. Our next door neighbor has beautiful gardens which we have the privilege of gazing at all year!! We provide the comic relief as far as gardening and lawn upkeep is concerned. I prefer wild flowers to grass and we grow fruit trees in front of the house where we get our only sun! Our neighbors are usually pretty tolerant except when the forget-me-nots get a little out of control in late spring. Hopefully the violets will crowd them out over the next year!

I am back to marbling once again but my cold has slowed me down a bit (not too much though!)

3 comments:

Gail said...

Wow - your pictures are great. I love the pic of George hogging the computer. Does he have his own blog?

Beth Brandkamp said...

George may have to get his own blog soon. He certainly oversees everything that is going on and would have his own unique take on it....hmmmm.

Priscilla Kibbee said...

George is just too cute but shouldn't Cheney get equal time?