Sunday, July 10, 2011

July RAFA Meeting

This was a piece done improvisationally by Sharon. She just started with an idea and built on it. This will be a graduation gift (when finally done.)




 

 
This is a piece that Glynnis created using the technique that Diane had talked about at an earlier meeting. It is basically a collage technique using one piece of fabric. Glynnis used her own hand dyeds and it is really a nice piece.









This is another of Liz's Halloween jackets. She seemed to think she had enough fabric for several more!!









This was a jacket that Liz made using her snow dyed fabric. She only used black when creating this piece.















Caris shared another of her elegant jackets with a lot of fancy stitching on it.











 
This is a piece that Caren is using for her new landscape class that she will be teaching soon.
Well, I don't know about many of you out there but I have been having big problems with the editor on Blogger these days!! When my computer crashed a few weeks ago under the weight of several viruses, the vendor uploaded the newest version of Internet Explorer. Well, Blogger doesn't work with that so I upload Google's Chrome which I figured should work just fine. Wrong.... The spacing has continued to be a problem and takes lots of fiddling to get anything approaching nice. Many people have to use an alignment tool in their Internet Explorer to get the pictures and text to align. So this morning I discovered that there was a new editor which Blogger recommends you use. I played for over an hour with it and found that although there were some neat features (like uploading multiple pictures at one time and be able to move them around), the spacing problem was even worse than with the old editor!. Sometimes the text would appear next to the pictures and sometimes below and nothing I do will change it. So back to the old editor for me. I even tried different templates!

4 comments:

Sparrow said...

If you click 'start' on your windows, then click 'control panel', goto add remove programs. Go down the list and you should be able to uninstall internet explorer 9. (Do not uninstall anything else unless you know exactly what it is and how it affects the other programs on your computer.)

I had to do this in order to get my explorer to work again properly also. By doing this, it just took my computer back to internet explorer 8.

I have had to watch the automatic updates though, because the updates are always trying to upgrade it to 9 again. (For the updates, I click 'important updates' to look at the list and uncheck the box before that upgrade, then let it install the other things).

My computer works fine again. I hope this is a help to you. ^^

Unknown said...

beautifull

Beth Brandkamp said...

Thanks for your help! I think I finally got it under control under Google Chrome. You just have to discover the workarounds. I barely use IE anymore!

Gail said...

Beth - I find that if I upload pictures (5 at a time) while in "Edit HTML" - I don't get any spaces.