Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scraps and More Scraps....

Well, although I didn't like this configuration the other day, it grew on me today with this orientation.  Amazingly I am using up a lot of those strips.
This is basically the same as above, only the orientation is different.  These two are utilizing the top and bottom from the four way cut on the strips.
This is the zig zag that I showed the other day only utilizing all the blocks that I had done.  I thought it might be interesting to use different colors between the scrappy fabrics and found this whole assortment of yellows.
I have been using up some of the leftover dyes from the monoprinting day on my neverending supply of tshirts from KMart!  I basically just made up enough sun yellow and intense blue to make a 3 % solution on the tshirt.  Then I decided to squirt a little of the fuchsia but only about a 1% solution of that.  I had soda soaked these tshirts and left them wet and just put on about 3 cups of dyes altogether.
This was just a mixture of the blue and yellow dyes in the 3% solution.  These dyes were a few days old at this point but I liked the lighter colors I got.  I did four tshirts altogether.  Still having tons of dye, socks will be next.

I have also found quite a few dye "dogs" that I am going to discharge soon!
This is a small (24" x 24") piece that was started in the Cynthia Corbin class I took a  year ago in June at the NC Consortium show.  I had never been quite sure what to do with the four blocks but decided to put them together today.  They are totally pieced and improvisational and use my hand dyes -- I only took a few fabrics to the class.  Not perfect, but done!
This is a wall quilt that Marcia is entering into a quilt show and had to get quick pictures of!  This was originally a three panel piece, but she added a fourth panel and made it one piece.
Priscilla was getting this piece ready for showing at Quilting by the Lake which starts on Sunday of this week.  Because of their highly restrictive rules, I don't even go to see what they are doing anymore -- they have forbidden photos anywhere but don't get me started....

No comments: