Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ducks and Quilts

Hard to show the whole quilt because of the lack of decent design walls but have added some borders to the last Serendipity quilt.  I added medium blue strips to either side and then a thin strip of the darker blue and then a slightly wider strip of a navy blue and then a four inch strip of the fabric I made last year.  I think it calms it down a bit and frames it.  I will use the navy blue for the binding as well and probably in the corners.


These are the background hexagons for the next Serendipity quilt.  I have decided to use a version of the block I used for the last quilt as it is the most complex of the blocks in the two books and therefore has the most design possibility.


They are hard to see but in among the Buffleheads, there are Black Scoters (with a bright orange lump on their bills).  There were both males and females.  There is also a mysery brown duck with is to the right kind of in the middle.  These ducks were way out this afternoon!
It wasn't until I got home that I could identify the Scoters.  If you click on this, you can probably spot them in the middle back.


You can see a little bit more of the Black Scoter males and females here.  The males have that orange lump while the females just have a whitish head and a brown body.  The ducks with the striking white are of course Buffleheads.

No comments: