Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Down, Two to Go.....

Well, except for the final borders, this quilt top is done and has already been on my Facebook page!  It took about a week to do -- although I only worked on it a couple of hours each day.  I may have to call it Upstairs/Downstairs as that is what I have been watching while working on it!  I am almost done the five years of dvds.


Here I have added borders of the medium blue  to the two sides.


Probably I will add a darker blue thin border and then use the stripped fabric as the final border but not totally convinced yet...


This is the fabric for the next quilt I will be working on.  I haven't decided which block/blocks to use but it will be another of the serendipity quilts.  Hopefully I can find a block that is as versatile as the one for the last quilt.  If not, I will use that block again but will do something different with it.  I am currently thinking I will use some different colors in each of the blocks with just a couple of colors being a constant to pull it together.  We shall see
.
Here are the first of the star insides and the fabrics I have pulled to work with it.  Most important is to make sure I have at least one pretty light fabric and one fabric that reads dark.  Photographing  is a good way to determine if you have enough contrast.  Changing it to black/white works even better.


Black will be added to the mixture of colors for this one.


There were a couple of female Scaups down at the lake this afternoon.  They looked small but look more like Greater Scaups than the Lessers so maybe they are young.  I had the Coots with which to compare them.

1 comment:

HopNorth said...

Your quilt is amazing!