Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Serendipity 4 and Serendipity 7 -- Oh No....

Well, it's not completely together as I am going to quilt it in two pieces as it is big but this is a view of most of the top with its dark brown background.  Probably overachieved a bit here on the diversity of the blocks and color!!  The beginning fabric used for the repeating image was pretty ugly though...

In doing the great cleanup, I found several half done projects and this was one. Coincidentally, the triangles I found in the baggie were all cut into the 3 1/2 inch size I have been using for all these quilts. There was also an uncut piece big enough to cut out the diamonds for the star blocks so this will be affectionately called Number 7.  The colors are all very springy and I will use a lot of greens, lavenders and some blues as well as black, white and pale yellow.  It already has a lot of yellow which goes a long way -- I may not use the pale yellows at all but we shall see.  Also not going with any of the pink that is in the blocks.


I may be able to adjust the sizing soon as a fellow art quilter told me about an EQ book  (EQ6 Pieced Drawing by Patti Anderson) that shows you how to draft hexagons and hexagon stars in EQ.  I am hoping this translates into my ability to print the different pieces in multiple sizes as well -- can't see why not.  Even if I can print outline blocks so I can color in on my own will be a big help.  I have already drafted my first hexagons!!

1 comment:

Nia Tilley said...

Wow,I love your quilt Beth. Congratulations