Monday, May 21, 2018

Mushroom Stack and Whack No. 2

This and the next picture show the rest of the hexagons from the mushroom fabric.  Amazingly, they are all different -- 70 in total with the ones in the last quilt -- this was from a four yard piece of fabric.





Wanted to see if this fabric would be a good background for the blocks.


Finally decided that I wanted both the lighter and darker fabrics.  


I thought I would audition some fabrics for the borders.  I tried an orange/yellow print first and didn't like it but did like this mustardy print I found in my stash (and never liked all that well).  I still liked the purple/brown batik for the border.


I still have enough blocks to make another quilt this size and one smaller one with one remaining block (one that I didn't like very well anyway).
Finally got this stack and whack done.  This is the second one and I have hexagons for two more -- one this size and one smaller with one block left over.

I was tired of working with the above hexagons, so I decided to make some blocks from one of the other sets I had.  This pattern utilizes 8 repeats and is based on the kaleidoscope block.  There are 36 blocks altogether.  This is the first half done.  I will be able to make three quilts of 12 blocks each from these.  I have the perfect background fabric.  This picture was from my phone which isn't the best.


This is the fabric used in the above blocks.  This is a truer color than the above,


No comments: