Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Catching Up!!

Haven't posted in awhile because cutting strips is not very interesting even though I probably have 100 lbs of them by now and lots of ideas of how to use them.  I finally finished up the first of the house quilts which uses nothing but 2"  wide strips so every easy.  I have little kits made to do about 2 dozen more blocks.  I used a 60 degree angle ruler and a 45 degree angle ruler to make the trees and then made sure I had the same frequency of trees in each row -- two smaller and one larger -- so that the rows would go together without adding fillers (as I ran out of this blue!!).

Houses are all done here and just need to be sewn into rows

Rows are all done here and trying to decide whether to use a blue sashing or a green sashing between rows

You can see I went with the green as the blue wasn't matching and this seemed better.  I am not going to do a border and will probably bind with green also

Then I got busy making some of the "Lorraine Mooney" blocks -- spin blocks whose origin seems to be Joanns.  I used 2 inch strips for these as well and the color was very very random.  The strips were 6 1/2 inches wide and I could get four 6 1/2 by 9 1/2 blocks from each strip.  This made 2 blocks from each strip which should have been 10 1/2 inches wide.  I trimmed a bit too much and they are only 10 inches wide.

My youngest daughter with my granddaughter Amelia.  They loved my other daughter's pool.  The weather in NC was gorgeous for us!


Here is grandpa, Amelia and my youngest having fun.  However, my sitting in a wet bathing suit two days in a row led to annoying infection which did disrupt my visit a bit!!  Lesson learned!!

No comments: