Saturday, August 24, 2019

I Love Radial Symmetry!!

Okay, no radial symmetry here, but the latest house quilt for Habitat for Humanity down in NC.  Still have some trees and kits for some more houses.  

Decided to play a bit with some of my mandalas to see if I could come up with some different settings.  I especially like this bunch and they seem to go together.

I had thought I would like this but found it was too busy for me and really didn't emphasize those nice center blocks nor any of those pretty outside blocks, so...

I dipped into my stash and pulled some fabrics that I thought would go well with it (didn't include that bright green though).  It's all in a bag now waiting for inspiration to hit further!

I couldn't help myself this week when Joann's had a sale of cotton quilter's fabric for $1.80/yd.  Most was pretty atrocious but I found this print in two colorways and since the repeat was 13 inches, thought it would make good stack and whacks.  I bought a couple of other accompanying prints as well as a couple of solids that would match.

I had so many repeats (I bought what was left on the bolt) that I decided to go with an 8 repeat stack and whack.  It really does work for this technique and 2 1/3 yds yielded 75 sets of triangles for octagons which will make 3 decent sized quilts with the setting I have chosen.

This is the first set of 24.  I will be putting them on point and inserting 4 piece stack and whack blocks between them.  To be continued....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, love them!!! You are so prolific!