Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Finally Finished It!!

Well, the weather has been wonderful again! After spending much of yesterday and today working on quilt club paperwork, I decided it was time to unveil my latest finished project for the year -- the batik "extreme" sampler. The blocks in this quilt were made as part of an online exchange I participated in a number of years ago. It was called a Dear Jane exchange as the blocks were all in a book by Brenda Papadakis called Dear Jane. We were supposed to do all of the blocks but the exchange ended before the blocks did so they were languishing in a box waiting for the rest of the blocks to get done. I declared them done earlier in the spring and sashed them together and then added the Seminole border to jazz it up a bit. I didn't want to spend too much time finishing this one.

It was machine quilted by me on my faithful Bernina 170 by using invisible thread and just free hand stitching in the ditch around each piece. It really only took four or five days to finish. It is about 67 x 85 so should fit nicely on a queen sized bed or smaller. Now to just do something with the remaining 500 blocks made during my Dear Jane OCD period! Double click on the picture to see it larger!

No comments: