Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall Migration at Genesee Valley Quilt Club



If you double click on the slideshow, you will see the album in total and you can see a larger slide show from that.

We had another lovely Fall Migration hosted by Roz Smith and Janet Root! There was a good crowd there, the food was very good and the company was great! People got a good deal accomplished in a relatively short period of time and we all got door prizes just for being there! These are always fun days and I highly recommend them as a way to get to know other club members!

The patterns that were featured this year with (of course) easy and quick directions for finishing them were Arabic Twist and Arabic Lattice.

Because of all the extreme busyness of the last few weeks, I just took in my "I Spy" to work on and got quite a bit done. It is ready to be sewn together into rows and into a top with a few "blocks" left over I am sure.


This is Marianne Smith's project for the day. They were stunning Mariner's Compasses. She has a wonderful color sense and I remember that from her Fall Migration project last year!


This is Jenna Darlak holding up one of her two completed table runners from the pattern!


This is one of the three alternative patterns for the day. It had a solid center and used dark and light values on opposing sides.


This was the one I intended to do but just didn't have the time to get my act together. Several in the group did this one or put a solid center in it but did it with the black and whites and brights.



This was a very whimsical version half square triangles in the center. I liked this one a lot as well and of course Janet's wonderful machine quilting.

No comments: