Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Spy Many Too Many Hexagons




Well, I have been trying to get together projects for doing at the beach and the I Spy for both my daughter and the daughter of a close friend have risen high on the list! I spent much time tracing around a template and cutting out different objects from the novelty fabrics from friends as well as from my own stash! Oh My.... I then attached triangles to two opposing corners so that I could make them up in rows. I figured I had finally done enough for ONE quilt after leaving my daughter's a couple of weeks ago. I still had a ton of hexagons left.




Two tops later which are pretty good sized I still have 50 hexagons with triangles attached and enough for probably two more that don't have triangles attached. Guess the next few babies born to my daughter's friends will have "I Spy"s. I think I still owe her two quilts for recent births. I haven't put them altogether but have put them up on the design wall and then taken them down all nicely numbered and in rows so that I can mindlessly sew them together at the beach. I also have a quilt for quilting and of course will have about 30 books as I live in fear of running out of reading matter!!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

LOL! There's nothing like stocking up!