Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Little Lax With My Blogs!

We have been very busy the past few days, picking out furniture for the new house and making arrangements for delivery from various furniture places! But we will finally have real beds, a sofa and some dining room furniture when we come back for Thanksgiving week!! The weather continues to be just beautiful and this northerner could get real used to living with this during the winter months!


Lisa leaves for Charlotte today but Warren and I will remain here and leave early Tuesday morning. Not only is furniture being delivered and set up tomorrow, but an old high school classmate and his wife are stopping by for a visit. They had bought a house just south of here last year and I read about it on our high school Yahoo list. So that will be fun. I have only seen him once in the past 45 years at the 35th high school reunion. I do remember his wife was a quilter and had a Bernina sewing machine which makes them a-okay in my book! It will be fun to hear more about the area. He and his family have vacationed down here since 1965 although they just bought the house last year.

This is the telephoto view of about where our house is with respect to the main pier in Kure Beach. You can't really see it in this picture but this is where the beach access is.

There were lots of fishermen out on this beautiful fall day. Fish were being caught only I couldn't tell you what kind. Yesterday we saw someone get a flounder from the beach.


Not sure what these very small birds were -- some sort of gull or tern I would guess but they were very small and not jittery like the little sandpipers we usually see.


I think this is some sort of sandpiper as well. It was a bit larger wading in the waves.



This is a bush growing in Lisa's back yard in Charlotte which I also couldn't identify but am sure it is something relatively common. We have seen a lot of it down here. I think I have seen oleander as well growing down here. Lots of painted daisies are growing up in the vacant lots as well as some palms and morning glories. I even saw a giant cactus reminiscent of the west -- it looked like a giant agave.

No comments: