Saturday, November 1, 2008

The New House!!

This is a view from the deck of the new house. You can see that they will be building across the street so some of our view will be blocked but we will still have some.


This Warren and Lisa kite flying on the beach. It was a beautiful afternoon.

I loved all the different colors of houses down here. We have seen baby blue houses next to royal blue and then a deep purple or a lavender or yellow. It is wild!!

This is our beach access which is one block away.



I took this picture at 7 this morning as I looked out to the beach. The sun rose behind the house that you see so I didn't get to see it come up directly. Just had to see a sunrise the first day here!! My family objected to all my noise getting coffee ready first thing!!

Well, I sit here in the living room of my new house looking out the window across the deck to see the ocean! It doesn't hurt that it is a beautiful day with bright sunshine. You can actually see the dolphins bobbing up and down in the surf from here! The view in one direction is the ocean and there is a forever wild park area two blocks back in the other direction. It is a lovely residential area and much closer to the beach than I had thought - 250 steps -- I counted! We will be renting it out during the summer and wanted to know exactly how close it was to the beach access which is one short block away.
So, I am now the proud owner of a house with 3 palm trees and an elevator!! The ceilings are very high so there are two long flights of stairs to reach the living area. The bedrooms are mostly on the second floor (down a flight from the living area). There are bedrooms and bathrooms on every floor though. It was handy to have the elevator to bring up what little furniture and stuff we brought down here.


The NC acquarium is located about three miles down the road and lots of bike paths and water access in a park there. I haven't been down there but Warren and Lisa drove down when they were supposed to be getting lunch!


So far the only thing not working is the fancy oven which is brand new so a technician will be here Tuesday to fix it supposedly. Good thing I had brought along a little toaster oven!



Both Warren and I at separate times managed to lock outselves out on the decks. There is a dead bolt and a locking door knob. Even our front door doesn't have a locking door knob. It never occurred to me that you would be able to open the door to go out and not be able to come back in! Ooops.


A lot of pounding and yelling finally got the attention of my dear husband who thought it was kids banging on the door for Halloween!!! I guess I will never do that again!!



This is the picture of the infamous elevator that now defines me to my blogging friends!

This is a picture of one of the palm trees that sits at the entrance to the house.

This was our first view of the new house right before the realtor arrived to take Warren and I on the tour before we signed the papers.


This was a picture that Lisa took of me on the beach this afternoon. You can see that the weather is beautiful. There were lots of dolphins and pelicans hanging out today!



This picture was actually taken from the deck off the living room of the new house. Just one dorsal fin of many of the dolphins that were swimming by all afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to visit! So beautiful! xo, Zam