Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Few Days Relaxing at LJ's

Well, the most exciting news of today is that Zann found out that she is going to have a baby girl in March!! Everything is good and she is sending video and pictures from the ultrasound which we should get when we arrive back in Rochester!! Her husband is just going to be a sucker for a little girl -- of this, I am totally sure!! So I will be grandmother to a little girl!

Well, after several cloudy Rochester days here in Charlotte, the nice weather has returned! The sky is a cerulean blue with all the beautiful leaves turning colors around us. The deer are out in numbers this week and I again saw them this morning -- I had seen them two days ago as well running through the woods -- too early to get a picture though!!

We are spending the weekdays here in Charlotte, trying to pick up some furniture and get some chores done around the house for Lisa while she works. She and I went to a great furniture store which they have here in the south called Rooms To Go. We bought a living room and a dining room for the new house and they will both be there by Thanksgiving. Now to get some beds.....


LJ's kitties continually entertain us with their antics although they sleep a lot more than they did when they were full-fledged kittens! They have very distinct kitty personalities now! They seem to know us now and go about their usual daily activities and follow us around. Their best time is spent out on Lisa's screened in porch. Her alpha cat is a chewer and he routinely pulls or pushes the screen to escape to the yard. Putting up new kitty-proof screening has been Warren's main task this week.



I, in the meantime, have been working on the "I Spy" quilt for my new grandchild to be. It is going surprisingly fast now that I have fussy cut the hexagons out of all the novelty fabrics. I just attach 60 degree triangles to two opposite sides making diamonds which go together very smoothly.

Although I try to be apolitical, have to say that I was very proud to be an American yesterday seeing an African American man elected to the presidency. No matter what your political affiliation, it shows that as a nation that we have made great strides in the past 50 years. Now let's hope that we can stay on the road to economic recovery (so I can afford my new house!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice pic of LJ's boys, I miss them! xo, Zam