Thursday, November 27, 2008

If I Had Microsoft Stock, I Would Sell It!

Postings will be a little slim for awhile as Microsoft has managed to clobber my computer and I can no longer use Windows and have to reload everything back on my computer! Of course I am away from home so don't have any software with me..... Thank goodness for Google!! Wish I could find a way to send a nice thank you note. Because I use Google mail (Gmail), all of my mail is safely on Google's computer and through experimentation, I found that I could get into my file system via Gmail when I have attachments.

So I am torn -- I can go back to original Windows (this is Vista by the way) and not have Word or Excel (they are home) or I can go through this back door which allows me an hour of Explorer at a time but then I will have Word and Excel and any other software I can initiate through my Gmail attachment! I also will have to pay for an external hard drive and for someone to copy all the files on my hard drive over to it so I won't lose anything.

It is chilly down here but we have almost a furnished house!! I will upload pictures later when I upload them to husband's computer, send them to myself, download to this computer and then use Blogger to get at them! Much too complicated!

We took the ferry yesterday to Southport but more on that later!

No comments: