Friday, October 21, 2011

Colin and I


Needless to say, it doesn't get any better than this!  A grinning fool with Colin Firth and his arm around her!!


I had no intention of going to the shoot again in Wilmington yesterday but was up in the area (after going to two quilt shops ostensibly to get thread but really to check them out).  However, I knew it was the last day of shooting that I knew about so I went.  I could get very close and was taking some pictures.  Colin's assistant came over and told me that if I waited until the shoot was over, she would bring him over and introduce him if they had time but she didn't guarantee it as they had to go to another location.


I waited and waited and waited.  They were supposed to have been done by 5 as they had another location to go to.  At 7:15, they finally wrapped.  She had told me a couple of times along the way just to wait.  Anyway, she brought him over and I asked if I could take his picture and he suggested that we have it taken together and asked his assistant if she would take the picture which she did.  We fiddled a bit about where would be best, he put his arm around me and poof (swoon).  I look so goofy in the picture but with eye candy like him standing next to you, there is no way to look good anyway.


What a singularly lovely man.  He was heading out to another location and his assistant said they would be shooting all night there (and he had been at this location since early morning).  I can't believe the endurance and patience. 

13 comments:

Betty said...

{squee} How fantastic!

Vicki W said...

Oh, My. God. I would have just died! Color me green with envy.

Judellen said...

Thanks for the photos from the film shoot yesterday. Loved the birds, too. Especially the coots who always seem to me to swim rather fussily. So glad you got to meet Colin Firth. It's incredible that after becoming an Oscar-winning A-lister he is still so lovely to his fans!

Mimi Duggan said...

How exciting! Just wondering what all he said to you? I am sure it was all like a dream :)

Carol Soderlund said...

Beth, you are darling! I showed this to my husband and he said, "Of King's Speech fame?" and I said, well, yes, but to some of us he will always be Mr. Darcy!

Anonymous said...

Lucky Girl!!! :)

Beth Brandkamp said...

The truth is that until Kings Speech, I only had a vague memory of who he was!! After I saw TKS 3 TIMES, I went out and bought or streamed all of his movies and tv shows and have now seen almost everything he has done. Remarkable actor -- I realized that he so morphed into his characters that he physically looks different in the different roles. I LOVE Pride and Prejudice but had not seen it again until after TKS. It was always a book I couldn't get through but after seeing Colin in it again, I read it in one day and loved it and proceeded to download and read all of Jane Austen. Jane Austen was my father's favorite author and I was always sad that I couldn't get through the books. Colin's portrayal of King reminded me so much of my father in so many ways,I didn't want to leave the theatre. My father was born in 1889, six years before George VI and had the same sense of duty and quiet conservative English demeanor (his father was born in England)with a surprising sense of humor. He also used to say how bad he looked on a horse because he was "knock kneed" like George VI. We grew up with a picture of Queen Eliz II next to Eisenhower on our kitchen wall.

Diane said...

Hey Beth, I am so happy your dream came true. Wait till Priscilla finds out. You'll be kidded about this the rest of your life. LOL Hugs, Diane

Diane said...

Hi Beth,

I'm so happy for you. One of your dreams came true. Hugs, Diane

Marcia said...

Hooray!! I'm sure your feet are still a few feet off the ground :-)

Beth Brandkamp said...

I literally barely slept the first night and still can't believe it. This is just not something that happens to me!

Julie T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
monicastangledweb said...

Hi Beth,

I discovered your blog through Meditating Mummy, as I follow her religiously because of our shared passion for all things Colin. Anyway, how lucky, lucky, lucky you are! Your patience paid off and you got the snapshot every woman dreams of--at least those of us who think of Colin Firth as the end all, the one, the most gorgeous, thoughtful, intelligent man. Like everyone else here, I'm just jealous. But I'm also happy for you. Thank you so much for sharing!