Monday, July 13, 2009

Marbling (of Course) and Some Grandma Time....


These are my "uglies" out on the line waiting for them to dry from their alum soak before dipping them into the marbling size.


This is one of the "uglies" already covered with a stripey pattern. This was the first dip of the day which is always the worse for some reason, although this one was okay for me.

This was done over a dyed golden yellow with an awful greenish tinge. Definitely improved with the browns, yellows and reds.
Well, my dear granddaughter is on the other side of the country, so I had to find another baby to cuddle. The mother of the very new baby is the older sister of my girls' best friends. I was always mother #2 to these girls so I am now an honorary grandmother as well! Very sadly, her own mother died just a little over a year ago and naturally she misses her a lot and even more so with the new baby. This baby's name is Sam and that is his proud mama holding him -- he is just a week old! He is totally adorable and I don't think the picture does him justice!
This is George in his usual position sitting next to Warren with his two favorite toys -- his ball run around and a cheap little stick that has a string and feather thing attached. Cheney has nothing but distain for toys and much prefers the little plastic rims that come with bottle caps on my gallon water bottles. He also adores rubber bands like his distant cousin, Dewey the Library Cat -- we finally dried up his source of rubber bands after finding him with them all the time. He wouldn't tell us where he was getting them from but we tracked it down to my basement craft supplies!

2 comments:

Priscilla Kibbee said...

Is George developing a bit of a belly?

Pat Pauly said...

Please let that lovely new mom know that is one fabulous looking (or should I say handsome) looking baby. She is probably too sleep deprived to appreciate that...