Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas is Coming

We dolled up the front of the beach house with some colorful Christmas lights.  During this season, the island we live on is called "The Island of Lights" as they have Christmas lights strung for about five miles along the beach road as well as surrounding Carolina Beach Lake where some of the displays are pretty pretty intricate.  Kure Beach features seashore motifs while Carolina Beach has all the traditional Christmas motifs.  It really is Christmas-y despite the 60 and 70 degree temps and no snow.




I finally finished machine quilting the last of the nine quilts I brought down here.  This is a simple nine patch combined with a snowball block and was part of our Genesee Valley Quilt Club Fall Migration a couple of  years ago.  I had lots and lots of leftover browns from my 289 block Dear Jane!


This is a closeup of the above quilt and you can see the feathered wreaths I free hand machine quilted in the center of the snowball blocks -- they needed something.  It only took a couple of hours with my wonderful  Juki machine!!  I stitched in the ditch around the octagon and the light valued blocks in the nine patch.  So now I just have to bind it and it will be ready to cozy up under on the sofa!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Beth - I love all the quilts you finished. I really like that last one block wonder. And this brown and white 9 patch is stunning. Such a simple quilt but turns out so beautiful. I might have to make one myself...